• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black Belt

Sho-ju

I have been a Nidan sicne oct 17th 1997. I really have no plans of going any higher but to me Nidan was enough. I still train, I still teach, I still love karate as much as I did when I started.

To me Nidan is the growing leval much as someone said above. Shodan is sort of ok Im here where is the magic??? Nidan you start to understand and develope that ability to teach the art I think.

IMO Sandan is not much differant than Nidan but the grades on up go into deep understanding of the art.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black belt means to me:

The public think I am superman or karate kid!

I must maintain my integrity to inspire my juniors and respect my seniors. Responsibilities come with grade......any grade!

Other than that it really is just a belt but one that should be worn with pride. You would have worked hard for it and it is an honour to own.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

to me a black belt represents the first rest stop at a long journey.Dont get me wrong, I dont mean that u can relax just beacuse ur a black belt, but now the first part of your journey has ended. as well as being guided further down the path u have been walking,u now also lead others down the road.

Read a book!