Russian Special Froces Training?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if they are taught a martial art(eg. sambo). Otherwise, could navy seal or green beret training be called a martial art? I don't consider military training alone to be martial arts. Edited by Blade

• 3 weeks later...
Its like the US Navy Seals or Army Rangers. Sure your good at SD but its prob. not a real style with a real focus on training as MA train. Most Sp Forces coruses I have looked into have a focus on some Akkido/Hapikido locks and throws, along with knife def.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

IMO a Martial Art is a way of fighting - so if someone has learned a way of fighting, then I would consider it a martial art. Some unofficial martial artists are very effective, and again IMHO, effectivenes is everything.

Don't the Russians teach their Special Forces ROSS ?

>>>PS<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self-defense is only an illusion, a dark cloak beneath which lurks a razor-sharp dagger waiting to be plunged into the first unwary victim. Sifu Wong.

Sorry Cross, I am misunderstood here :-)

What I meant was, if the dude was trained by the Russian SF, then he would know ROSS or Sambo - both of which ARE martial arts, and pretty good ones I believe - so that would qualify the dude as a MA.

Respec'

>>>PS<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self-defense is only an illusion, a dark cloak beneath which lurks a razor-sharp dagger waiting to be plunged into the first unwary victim. Sifu Wong.

• 2 weeks later...