• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does anyone take kenpo?

ANGELO.B

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
to my knowlege it is chinese based yet the style was studied and moved to japan, .....first there was shaolin and a japanese spy studied the style during the boxer rebellion, he studied under many masters that were in hiding, eventually after becoming a master himself he went back to japan, added some of his own techs to it and made shorinji kenpo, from there it evolved more and more to my understanding....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Kenpo was originally a Chinese art, though the term is a Japanese reading of the Chinese characters for chuan fa. There are several styles of Chinese, Japanese, Okinawan and American Kenpo. I study Ed Parkers American Kenpo under the IKTS. But as an example of the variety of Kenpo styles out there, try this site:

http://www.kenpokarambit.com/

You just never know what they'll do with Kenpo next. We're a capricious lot, and never satisfied with good enough!

Freedom isn't free!

• 5 weeks later...
Mainly just the spelling. :lol: The words are interchangeable (in a general MA sense) until you refer to a certain style then it is specific either kempo or kenpo. My style spells it kempo as in Shaolin Kempo which has a Chinese influence.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.