• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rumor ... Hand strikes to the head????

I don't understand why people think that to punch is very un-TKD-like.

I don't think that... I'm not talking about TKD in 'general' as everyone else seems to. I'm talking about tournaments, WTF has a unique tourament style which would be lost if you allowed punching, it would be like all the other styles.

I do TKD and think without punches it is a load of rubbish. You must be equally competant with both your hands and feet. Anyone who thinks otherwise or thinks TKD is just kicks is kidding themselves.

Bretty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i hope they do allow punches in Tae Kwon Do, as hopefully people will realise that Tae Kwon Do is not just based on kicking.

At the end of the day i accept that Tae Kwon Do is known for its powerful kicking techniques, but it still translates as the Foot hand Way of art.

So therefore it still a punching art, and i hope people will get to see just how efficient we are at punching as no doubt this will suprise some people.

My instructor stresses punching, if we ever drop our hands he's over us like a ton of bricks. I hope this is enforced in WTF sparring as it will bring some believability to the fights, ie proper guards block ect

because seeing them fight with there hands down makes me wanna scream, punching will make it more of a fight which is what i wanna see.

i doubt it will happen though, cus people wanna see flash and punching leads to less flash, the fights will be more tactical and slow so its a big decision to make.

• 3 weeks later...