• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rumor ... Hand strikes to the head????

I heard today that WTF TKD will allow head strikes with the hands. Is this true? We are affiliated with WTF and the Moo Duk Kwan, so we hear all the rumors from both sides. I heard that it is being "considered" amoung the "big wigs" but it will take awhile.

Anyone heard this? By the way, it's something I just heard. Dont' turn this into a flame war ;) Thanks.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I looked at the USTU and WTF websites and didn't find anything there. that doesn't mean much though since the WTF website news is 2 years out of date.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

It wouldn't be TKD if you allowed punches to the head. You'd get Shotokan Fighters joining in who can't kick and just throw reverse punches. :wink:

This rumours been going around for ages. It won't happen WTF TKD would just turn into freestyle.

I can't say it bothers me anyway cos I'm ITF and punch to the head anyway.

Bretty

My TKD dojo always allowed hand strikes to the head, because we were never affiliated with any particular federation...

I don't understand why people think that to punch is very un-TKD-like. Tae Kwon Do translates into the way of the hand AND the foot, not just the way of the foot.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.