• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

has any one used karate (shotokan) in the UFC???

i was just wondering if anybody has ever used shotokan karate or any style of karate dosent matter but if so what was the outcome?

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one Japanese guy who fought Royce Gracie in UFC II used karate. Gracie controled the fight on the ground but it went about 11 mins or so.

Keith Hackney was a White Tiger Kempo. He won several fights and had some of the best KO in the early UFC's.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

The Japanese karateka in UFC 2 was a kyokushin off shoot, not shotokan.

I'm not sure but I think the black guy that fought Ruas in UFC 7 (???) had a black belt in shotokan but he was more of a kick boxer.

Hackney boxed for years before doing kempo.

I never saw it the only one I ever say who fought as just karate was kyokushin and Hackney and both held their own very well.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

either try using kazaa OR there is a martial arts site with vids but i'm not sure if i should be writing links to them on this board?

UFc often times seems to much of a wrestling match. I just dont get the attraction, but a good shotokan stylist should do pretty well, why are you personnaly thinking of competeing?

Im not real crazy about UFC, K-1 is my sport! my goal as an artsit is to compete in k-1, if your thinking of trying to get inot UFC, go for it! What have you got to loose? except some ribs, maybe a kidney, and a quart of blood? but all that can be easily replaced through a series of surgeries! :)

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

thats good that they used karate and still holded there own that puts a good name on karate dosent matter the style

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate