• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well I posted this on one forum so may well most it here!

Pepparoo

Hi hows it going. Im Luke, 23 from the UK. I'm White belt in Kuk sool won, gonna be taking my Yellow 'stripe' on 6th of next month. I've also done Tien Lai Chuan Kung Fu (got upto Yellow Belt on that), and a little bit of Kickboxing and Karate. I wanted to originally do Jiu Juitsu cos that sounded cool, what with all the grappling n takedowns etc but the local class was full, which sucked but that teacher who I spoke to mentioned about one of his students who taught Karate n said that he might teach me some Jiu Juitsu. So I went along to that class, got on really well with it, (although It wasnt really what I was looking for), did that for a bit until unforseen circumstances prevented me from going to that (ie: nightschool).

Anyway, I work for this place called Pink Local Directory, which publishes directories of local business information (ie Restaurants, Taxi places, shops Martial Arts schools etc etc). Its kinda like Yellow Pages (but pink for some stupid reason hah), for the local area of King's Lynn (in norfolk, UK). Well this martial arts place writes to us saying they want a free lineage in the publication we do, n I got interested n phoned them up to see what it was all about. Sounded like I wanted to do n tried it out n loved it. It was exactly the kind of martial art I was looking for. It's basically a nice mixture of forms, takedown techniques (which was what I was most interested in), involves lots of punches and kicks. breakfalls, acrabatics, weapons and so on. I only really know a little bit about it, but its a damn good martial art, and keeps you fit at the same time. And apparently there's people that just do Forms all the time and they're well buff. Good sauce of fitness. And I know, cos I practice them a fair bit n I feel a good workout all round.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Pepparoo, I'm glad you found what you were looking for. Glad to have you here on the forums.

:D :karate:

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi