• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there a secret to tying your belt

hobz

on the subject of belts.. who has their belt flat at the back and who has the belt crossing over at the back?

I was taught the belt should be flat at the back, and the knot at the front be a flat knot in case you fall flat on your front you won't get a big knot pressing into your belly! :o

But I have seen a lot of low kyu grades at the dojo I'm at now, having the belt cross over at the back and then just tied any-old-way at the front. I don't think Sensei ever told them how to tie them. :-?

motoko

I try to tie my flat at the back as its more comfortable, but its very difficult when I can't see much even when I look in a mirror.

Also I hate those really hard belts, here in the UK they useally have a washing label on them, my favourite are the hayoshi belts, they are so soft to wear, even if its a hard or soft one I come home after grading and break it, to make it even softer.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine goes flat to the back -t hats how we're meant to do it.... we even have a set wayof folding out dobok and tieing it in our belt for taking to and from traingin - but its not compulsory to learn

Some people wear it unintentionally all twisted etc at the back and that must be so uncomfatable.

How excatly do people tie their belts?, cose I tie mine differently to others, or does it matter that I tie mine differently to other people.

I'm worried if its tied differently then other people, I might not be allowed to participate in black belts tounaments in the future, I'll shall be soo embarresed if that happens.