• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there a secret to tying your belt

hobz

my gi pulls out of my belt when I do jumping jacks or a lot of x-blocks, but some really expensive gi's don't do that

God grant me the sirenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Yellow Belt

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I have always avoided this thread. But now that I have read the first post I know I want to take part in it. My Gi always Flies Open aswell! Although I think that may have something to do with the side ties on it though.

I tihnk to the question of, is there a secret to tieing your Belt? I would have to say that no there isnt You do it your own way. You have just got to find that way. It took me about a year...

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• 2 weeks later...

Loose gi's...they look cool. Kinda like baggy clothes.... anyways... you shouldn't worry about you gi being too loose as long as you're wearing a shirt under it.

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

Sometimes, our belts come untied and fall off when we're moving alot, but nobody at my school ever notices it until someone else tells them because of the strings that keep your gi tied - they still keep your gi relatively tight even without the belt.

Tying your belt... our instructors taught us a way and the knot looks like a fortune cookie...

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...