• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there a secret to tying your belt

hobz

Yes! that is a good idea, :idea:

Another way to keep your/their belt tied and not for the your/their Gi to come undone (now wouldn't that be annoying) is to loose the body weight. :brow:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will always be a problem that your belt or gi rucks up. I know how it feels, i hate the fact that it does this. However a sensei once told me not to tie it too tight just enough to move about then it won't pull up your gi as you move about. It works for me give it a try. :)

Yes! that is a good idea, :idea:

Another way to keep your/their belt tied and not for the your/their Gi to come undone (now wouldn't that be annoying) is to loose the body weight. :brow:

Good one! lol :P

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Well the best way of keeping it from falling off is just to not put it on in the first place, but then whats the point of that. But once you have your belt for a while it will get worn in and will stay on longer, so just be pacient and keep tightning it, but dont tie it too tight or you can't breathe.

Focus

• 4 weeks later...

all ours are tied flat at the back and crossed over right before you tie the knot. that way no one gets a huge bruise if we "trip" (which happens quite often with our sensei!!) and fall!! only the kids tie it crossed at the back, but then they haven't been taught to tie their belts properly yet!!!! :o

and now the training begins...........

all ours are tied flat at the back and crossed over right before you tie the knot. that way no one gets a huge bruise if we "trip" (which happens quite often with our sensei!!) and fall!! only the kids tie it crossed at the back, but then they haven't been taught to tie their belts properly yet!!!! :o

In most Okinawan styles the proper way is to tie the belt in a way that it crosses at the back.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have only seen two ways of tieing a belt. Both seemed reasonable. Can't explain them. But they worked.

So long as the loop does not impede what you are doing, then that is good. The loop also represents a particular philosophy as well.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...