• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there a secret to tying your belt

hobz

if it is a tournament open to general styles, you dont really have to worry about how you wear the belt as long as you wear it - just in case, you should learn how they do it at your school

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

lol that happened to my gi as well i was practicing some grappling moves and then my sensei would purposely open my gi wide open, gosh!, well that messed up my gi and i did it to him as well lol :) its kind of annoying cuz ur doing your kata's or w/e and ur gi is like hanging wide open reaching to ur belt.

• 2 weeks later...

in my first school u didnt have to get a gi and obi till u tested for your first rank

i got mine before my first test, but by the time i did i had seen everyone take off and put on their belts every class for around two months. Thus it was easy for me to tie it my first time.

now i tie my belt where u start with hte middle on ur belly button, but when it gets to the back i adjust it so that there is no cross

i teach starting in the middle too, but i dont teach them to adjust it, so all the kids at the school learn to tie it with a cross in the back :P

the adults are not split up by rank, and do not spend any time during class learning how to tie the belts for the new student. I just catch em before they go into their class, and fix it. :lol:

ive fixed soooo many belts over the years, that i see right away if they are tied wrong, and automatically go and fix em. :brow:

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

All I can see is that (and I have thought it over for some time) is his/her belt is comfortable upon how you/they tie it, and within normal peramiters, like not going to be told off and might be told that its tied wrongly, then its fine.

Like for instance I wear my belt how it feels comfy to me and how best I can tie it (any other way and I will forget) and I have been attending karate for quite some time now and nobody has actually physically told me off for having my belt tied differently to other karateka.