• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do YOU personally drink alcohol?

Kirves

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy good beer regularly. I don't drink for effect, but I just enjoy beer. I was raised on it, and it's my beverage of choice for most occasions. Besides, I never trust someone who's too uptight to imbibe once in a while. By the same token, I don't enjoy being around people who cannot control their liquor. Drunks are jerks, period. In moderation, it's no big deal.

I drink EVERY night. I LOVE my vodka. I buy the cheap stuff ($15 for the big bottle), and I'm through it in 3 days. The first thing I do when I get home is hug my kids, and a close second is straight to my glass. I never drink before going to the dojo, but I start as soon as I get home. I am an alcoholic, and I know it. I don't get hostile, I remember everything, I don't get hung over, I don't say stupid stuff; I just ENJOY it. Excessive you say? I agree. I just went to the doctor today for a full physical. I lost 70 pounds since January, and thought I should get checked out. My doc told me to eat more, and drink less. My blood pressure is high, and she said slow down on the booze. How can I do that? I mean really---- How am I going to do that? How am I going to do that???????????? :cry:

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

Maybe I'll switch to scotch. My father in law drinks that stuff like a fish, and he's healthy. He swears that I'll be better off changing. HHUUMMMM...... :D

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

• 3 weeks later...

Why drink at all? Come on! People who don't drink are like people who abstain from sex, religion or the martial arts --- They are missing out!

Wait, I abstain from sex, and religion, but I practice "martial arts" (though I dislike the term, as it would imply that I practice it in order to be used for warfare, or suggests that I'm a navy seal or something).

I don't drink beacuse I'm a health freak.