• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great Place!

Hi, I just found this site today and had to sign up. I started out my martial arts career with boxing around age 6 or so, then I learned a lot of street fighting over the next ten years or so. I finally found a class when a friend of mine could not be moved by my strongest football slam. I started the class and got beat up quite a bit until my attitude changed. After 12 years in that style, which we called tae kwon do, I realized that the style wasn't the traditional sport oriented taekwondo class, it was a combination of chinese, japanese and korean styles. So for all these years I was really learning several styles all rolled into one! I went to the military and joined the special forces, here I took over the combat hapkido instructors job as the head instructor for the base, here i taught self defense to all the women that came in and prevented two rape attempts. I also studied kickboxing, the 13 weapons system, american and okinawan karate in California. I later went to Texas and studied more karate and aikido, and then again I taught classes. Then I went to Idaho and studied kuk sool won and again taught classes. I then returned home to study with my instructor again and also found an instructor for mantis and tiger kung fu. Then I moved back to Idaho when I got married and then I went to Japan where I am now, studying shorinji kenpo, kaju kenbo, aikido, tang so do, and kuk sool wo and also the naginata. And again I am teaching, I have done some extreme trainings over the years and since my original "taekwondo" style I have never lost a fight in a street fight, which has been a lot. I have a bad habit of finding trouble, which is actually fun. I have a large background in tournament sparring, full contact kickboxing, grappling and events that are similar to the UFC. Well thank you for having me at the site I look forward to future discussions and knowledge that will be gained.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's quite a history thus far. Sounds funny saying you moved from Texas to Idaho and studied KSW, only because the Grandmaster and many of the higher masters are in Texas. :D

Welcome to the forums.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Wow, what a past. Welcome.

Kendo is like starwars and everyone gets to be Darth Vader.

"Luke, I am your sensei"