• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

using karate, do you agree??.....

Shotokan_Fighter

do you guys agree with me on this that karate has to come natural in a fight. my karate class had a big talk on that and my sensei says karae has to come natural in a fight if you think about using karate in a fight you have lost the fight. do any of you agree?

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
It helps if it is intuitive. But it can also help even if it isn't. You know, even the guy who hasn't trained any MA may win a fight, if he thinks up a strategy "hey, I'll fake a punch and kick his groin". Even it wasn't intuitive, and even he had to think about it, it might just work. You never know. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Having been trained helps. Having trained so long that the techniques are intuitive helps even more. There are never guarantees.

Agreed...

It don't matter if you do MA or not. If you freeze your going to get hit and hurt. Just react. You may be wrong you may be right but at least you got a chance.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Agreed...

It don't matter if you do MA or not. If you freeze your going to get hit and hurt. Just react. You may be wrong you may be right but at least you got a chance.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

My Sensei told me that too just a few days ago! About that the fight must come naturally and not to think about 'what kick I must to next'.

Yes, I agree.

Kill is love

I definately believe that true mastery of anything comes when you don't have to think about it anymore/don't have to think about it much anymore.

Its not only like that with karate, but with other things such as music too.

I don't think you would definately have lost the fight if you're use of karate is not intuitive, although if you're karate is intuitive then I think you'd be almost certain to win.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

I definately believe that true mastery of anything comes when you don't have to think about it anymore/don't have to think about it much anymore.

I disagree. Mastery of karate comes when you get by without ever having to fight. Until then, you have not mastered budo.