• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bo Moves!!!

pcam16

Hi, I have learned a kata for the Bo as my dads friend from America has helped me! The kata is really good but now i want to change some of the moves to make it even better! Does anyone know any cool moves for the Bo that will add to katas to make them even more crowd pleasing??? :-?

Please visit http://philcampbellxma.co.uk and join our forum!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Correct me if I'm wrong... but you're going for the wrong effect... Isn't kata supposed to be used for something besides showing off? :o

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but you're going for the wrong effect... Isn't kata supposed to be used for something besides showing off? :o

I agree with hobz. Kata is not about how cool the moves are and you should'nt really change it. I had to learn several kata before there were any "cool moves" in them, but kata is really good for perfecting the techniques that are incorporated in each one. Different katas will stress different techniques, which is why the beginning katas are usually very basic. Remember with kata there is always the mental challenge of what the Japanese call "Ren Ma" translated: always polishing. If you work on this new kata very hard I garuntee your bo skills will improve as a result. :nod:

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

Yeah i kno thats not the right way to think about kata but as i'm doing it for tournaments i need to think of it in this way! i would learn traditional Bo katas if i knew any but I DON'T so the way i think will have to do!!!

Please visit http://philcampbellxma.co.uk and join our forum!

• 2 weeks later...

it is true what they are telling you, you should first master a Kata before trying to add or change anything.

however!!

perhaps you could incorperate some kicks into the forms. this will promote versatillity, and will teach your mind to not focus ONLY on the staff. while preforming these kicks, make shure you can begin your kata from exactly where you left off when you kick is complete.

the color of a belt, can be a false sence of accomplishment.