• advertisement_alt

TOP UN ARMED MARTIAL ARTS I CAN THINK OF

The best arts are:  

11 members have voted

1. 1. The best arts are:

• Mixed Martial Arts
    • Single stand up arts
    • Single grappling arts

I voted MMA, simply becuase I believe the best style is the one that works for the person. If you train a certain style you shouldn't be and arn't limited to using only the techniques from that art. If you like something from another then you take it and use it. Although you still claim to train in one style.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow people use the term "art" liberally nowadays. No NHB style is an "Art", except maybe GJJ if you consider a grappling exclusive style a MMA.

For standup I would say that real Okinawan Shorin (Matsumura Seito or Shorinkan, especially) or Uech Ryu are second to none. Kyokushin and Higaonna Goju Ryu or Ashihara and Shidokan are good too.

Muay Thai is a sport. So is kickboxing. They are not arts. There ARE kickboxing styles that are arts like Bando, Kravi Kabong and Savate. Thai Boxing is not an art. It's about money making, gladiatorial spirit and gambling. True Bujutsu or even Budo harms neither the body nor spirit. It is also not used just for the heck of it.

Boxing is a good stand up sport to learn speed and hand movement in. I would put my money on a boxer before I would a typical karate-ka.

Is reality really this subjective? It seems very cut and dry once you know things based on empiricism and research not bandwagoneering and emotion.

Traditional=Eternal

Nidan, Hakutsurukan