• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kind of a negative effect.

This bashing thing can really have a negative effect on those who surf these forums. I had a "vacation" from Karate forums, and when I decided to come back, I had to ask myself "Do I really need to go there and try to live with all the posts made by some people who may not even know what's all about a certain style, but they feel the urge of making fun of them and those who are practicing them. Still, there's some fun stuff here and people who prove to be knowledgeable about the stuuf, so it's nice to be with them again. It's up to us to cope with all the difficulties, try to be moderate, tolerant and open-minded.

And if it comes to do or not do something just because somebody said certain things about it ... it's always up to you. Take into consideration advices, don't think of them as orders or the ultimate truth. No matter how well intended, advices are not always correct :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Many of us deep down would like to think we are learning the "best" MA or that you will be better trained than the next.

From what I have seen, each have their own weaknesses. One size does not fit all needs.

IMO the key factor in how much you get from a style of MA is how seriously you take it. IE if you train hard in any MA you will get a lot more out of it.

Here is what I think about with respect to my MA training:

- Do I enjoy doing it? YES

- Am I better prepared in self-defense now because of it? YES

- Am I benefiting in physical fitness and self-confidence etc from it? YES

- Am I ever going to be the best fighter on earth? NO

:-)

When

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

BKJ1216 Do grappling if you want to. Is it a good idea to know grappling?, Yes of course. But ultimately do what you want to do.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"