• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tournaments post number 2

a_modern_production

I am just curious how everyone here that competes and goes to tournaments finds out about them... I consider myself to be pretty intouch with the martial arts community around me, but I never hear anything about tournaments until they have been over for 2 or 3 years. And is it required that you be with a dojo to compete?

thats all. thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I am a member of a national karate association and they inform about such events in their member newsletter, website and so on. Find an organization that suits you and your particular style. Or several.

In my experience, a karate organization will send out advertisements and what have you to member dojos. Other non-member dojos may hear about these tournaments through the grapevine and request information and participate. None of the tournaments I've personally been involved in require you to be a member of an organization or of a dojo that is. Just give them your money and thier more than happy to allow you to compete. The more participants the better. Those scores of trophies can get quite expensive.