• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I hate being a Uki.

:P Sure it may be great learning expereince and honorable that your master prefers to use you. But sometimes it really hurts. What are your expereinces as a uki. Also why does my master enjoy useing me as opposed to torturing the others?

"Don't Memorize; Understand"

Northen Preying Mantis Kungfu 3 and a half years. Blue sash.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I personally think I learn more when the techniques are done to me. When it's done to you, you know it really works. I personally like it. :D

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I always enjoyed it.

You learn from pain. LOL

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

If you are being used as an "UKE" then most likely you are among the higher skill level students. As an uke you come accustomed to what it feels like when a technique is done right. It also increases your reaction time, tesches you how to fall and how to react. Your entire body becomes more sensitive leading to being able to feel what technique is being done. Enabling you to counter if need be.

Also please note the spelling "UKE" not "UKI"

Pronounced "u_kay"

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

Selling moves helps too. Some will say it gives a false impression to people but what most don't understand is if that move was done at full speed and power it would have that effect. I always make sure to bring that point out when doing new techinques on people. Because beginners always want to play TUFF guy and not go along with moves and every now and then you have to show them that if you apply full force they will fall. LOL

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I'm a short teenage girl, so I don't really get used as uke very often. In fact, it's much more often that I'm teaching a class and have to pick someone to demonstrate techniques on.

I've been uke a couple times, and it's always been fun (yes, the masochistic mind of the martial artist is coming out again)...but I suppose if I had to be uke all the time, it would get old.

I don't know though...some of the guys just never tire of it. :dead:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I'm basically one of the few that can withstand the technique, when done properly. So, whether I like it or not, the Master needs someone to demonstrate on. And he knows I can fall properly as to minimize any pain.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

BEING UKE is the BEST BIT!

Although I cant denie throwing my kyu grade comrades across the dojo is great fun, getting thrown by 10% of my Sensei's ability is something I really cherish.