• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Front kicks to the head

If it's against the rules, it's against the rules, but I'll never understand how kicking someone in the balls can be cheap in a sport where you can break their ribs and puncture their lungs as long as you're good enough to do it.

Here we are discussing what it takes and whether it works to kick someone in the face but it's somehow "dirty" to throw the same kick to the groin. :???:

Obviously, agreeing to rules and then breaking them while your opponent follows them is cheap. But the kick itself?

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 18 or 19 I was VERY flexible.

I was standing with my back to a car parked on the street and I was asking directions from some neighborhood kids when this HUGE ex marine told me to get the hell off his property.

I explained that I was standing on public property and that he was out of line. He began becoming extremely verbally abusive and began calling me foul names.

I suppose the smart thing to do would have been to leave but I was young and stubborn and so I proceeded to tell him to piss off.

Well, he charged at me and I was standing with my arms folded, back against the car.

When he was about 2ft away, without thinking I hit him with a front heel kick square on the jaw. he landed on his back and when he got up he got this look like he wanted to come at me again so I wagged my finger at him (like Chuck Norris in Return Of The Dragon) and he started running for his house. The neighbor kids started yelling "he's gonna get his gun!!!"

Somehow that's when I regained my senses and got the hell out of there. To this day, I remember the effectiveness of that kick.

There was no telegraphing and it just sort of happened all by itself.

As for axe kicks, I used them when an opponent is already backing up or off balance.

I have never (yet) been hit by an axe kick. They seem to happen in slow motion.

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

My sensai once only used a snap kick to ward off 3 potential thugs in a street fight one time. He is known around our land as "one with vicous kick to head". He can jump from 2 tree stumps doing front kicks to display his awesome balance.

BTW, I am trying for my brown belt tonight, so wish me luck.