• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Front kicks to the head

I am a beginning kickboxer (abt. 2 months, twice a week) and I have bought an excellent book on said sport, "the complete idiot's guide to kickboxing." anyway, in the book they say that a front kick should never aim for the head of an opponent, because this would deprive the kick of the power it requires. However, i do not see the problem with a quick "snapkick" as i call it, a rising kick to the chin. I agree, it puts you off-bablnce for a second when performed, but so does a side or turning kick! Any comments from the experts or sub-experts out there would be appreciated. Also, what is the advantage of an Axe kick in kickboxing? :???:

---------------------------------------------

"Neo, you must learn to do the opposite of not un-anti non-learning your training."

"what? -ow! that hurts!"

"you have learned your first lesson."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its mostly for to kick he/she in the stochame and for them to back away if there all over you like punching and kicking you just ball kick them in the stomache they will back off or be pushed back by you!! front kick is ball kick!!(i think) :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: kicker on 2001-09-23 09:05 ]

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

In my training in TKD....I have rarely thrown a front kick higher than chest level...I save the hook or roundhouse (coming from the side) for the head. But you can throw a combo kick first aiming low and once opponent lowers head throw a nice front kick to forehead/chin. Just get leg out of there quick!!

Deby

Or you can do a triple Kick...

With the same leg:

Side kick to the shin, then to the knee, and then to the head!

Thats my combo! :smile:

They can never see whats coming if done properly:)

Kung Fu Black Belt 1st Dan

GoldDragon Academy

-------------------------

Represenitive for Paltalk.com

*-*-*-*-Mouser (Palhelp)*-*-*-*-*-

I would personally use the front kick to hit someone in the solarplex...It winds the hell outa them. I also use it to help keep my opponent from getting too close and it's quite effective. I prefer, as KickChick does, to use my round-kick to hit someone in the head, as I get alot more power by turning my hips.

Lori :grin:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

The "triple kick" is useless in kickboxing you are better off generating some power with a kick.

The front kick is not so good to the head due to contact areas. The shin and the heel of the foot are much harder, and cause more damage.

All kicks will put you off balance to a degree.

The ax kick is a flashy move, that doesn't usually score from what I have seen. It also leaves you vulnerable to be thrown off balance by your opponet, and is easy to dodge.

Stelth_13 just wondering where you exactly from in canada???

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

If u r fast enough to do a snapkick to the chin then why not? The jaw is the best place to hit someone if u wanna knock them out, and a front kick with a bit of power and snap will easily do the job for you... I don't personally like the font snapkick too much but hey, if it works for u then sure, go for it.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

I agree with Angus, A lot of peolpe put down certain techniqes but the truth is they all have there place and with alot of practice and experience most of the things that fighters alsways say do not work do work with experience and timing.

I try to use as many different things as possabile and try to improve on all of the all of the time. This way you are not labelled as one kind of fighter and the more toools you have at your disposal the better it is for you.

tommybeeatafc@yahoo.com

https://www.ringoffirekickboxing.com