• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

who has gotton into a street fight?

Shotokan_Fighter

I've had people beg me to have knife fights vs them. Well not beg but you know, but I just avoided the situation and .. well left :P

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
thanks rich that was a good post

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Thank you for the kind words Kirves and Shotokan.

Yes I left out many other scenarios. The domestic one being a touchy subject as a couple of months ago I found out my mum was being systematically beaten by her new partner-head kick, knee to the groin were the two worst physically but mentally he had done an even worse job on her.

Suffice it to say it wont happen again after our one and only meeting.

But I digress... yes joint locks and such which in a full on self preservation situation are most often quite dangerous- unless youve already 'softened' Mr Meathead up a bit and he has no mates around (a big if) can be quite useful on an aggressive drunk whose physical ability isnt too worrying.

There are many shades to this aren't there? I would suggest training for the worst- preemptive striking, a few reliable techniques (minimise log jam) and pressure testing as your basics and then other aspects to round the training out for other situations and enjoyment etc. whatever else you get out of MAs.

Regards

Rich

i was just wondering who has got in a fightand what happened and if u study karate did you use it?? i have never been in a fight but id like to beacuse i study shotokan karate and im a 3rd kyu brown belt and i wanna see if this stuff really works

If you feel the need to prove yourself, then you will not be able to.