• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Public apology to Ninjanurse

Rich

I can get quite annoyed with people who IMO are getting ahead of themselves- in the particular recent discussion this involved kata invention. I am still firmly of the opinion that this is unwarranted and not a good thing and would point people towards writings such as 'five years one kata' in defence of this. After all if you have only three katas that's fifteen years of DEEP study before you even go anywhere else. I do think its egoistic for people to be inventing katas when there is soo much provided by the masters there anyway.

However my interaction with Ninjanurse got quite personal and I was wrong to be so damning. For this I apologise and wish her well.

Regards

Rich

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
However my interaction with Ninjanurse got quite personal

Yeah. Never take these online forum talks so seriously. People often get too personal when discussing views about things. You can't change the other person, and even if you could, (s)he's just one of the 6 billion on this planet. Let them make their own kata even if they don't understand the one's they've been taught. Big deal. Focus on what makes you a better fighter and then look in the mirror with a satisfied look. The martial arts are about what you can do not what you can make someone else do. Happy training!

Since this has served its purpose, no need for further discussion. I'll close it.