• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is Chivalry Really Dead?

thank god thre are other people around that think this way.

I often think Chivalry is dead as well.

It amazes me when people dont do the simple things anymore

I wish they would teach ettiquette classes in school now days

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gread article Doug - thanks for sharing. It's nice to see that in some quarters at least chivalry is alive and well! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 1 month later...

A most exellent read. I often find myself having the same epic, romantic, and inspiring fantasies. I believe that with more people with this same mentality, existance on Earth would be far more pleasurable. Thanks for that article.

The greatest clarity is profound silence.

i gotta lotta respect for the ppl that go out on that limb anymore, its tough nowadays to be chivalrous when that means giving away attention, i think the upcoming generations are too.... "*" i guess would b the word, i see the people my age afraid to take risks, even as little as being nice or doing something that's a difficult way to get things done to keep some form of honor and fairness, always taking the simple route no matter how dirty sometimes, so glasses up, its not the niceness i'm toasting so much but the courage to do what should be done

look at me, i can dance, i know tae kwon do!

I like the article. I experienced a similar situation with a Hapkido instructor who was a coke head. It was disheartening when I found out and it destroyed the romantic and strong conceptions I had of honor and responsibility in the arts.

"Better to be a tiger for a day than

a sheep for a lifetime."

~ Chinese Proverb

Doug, great post (I know I'm a little late). Re inspired me to continue my ways of honor and respect for myself as well as for others. The mere fact that you chose to write about it shows that you are genuine.

Slowly but surely

Doug, great post (I know I'm a little late). Re inspired me to continue my ways of honor and respect for myself as well as for others. The mere fact that you chose to write about it shows that you are genuine.

Slowly but surely

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

i try to go out on a limb to help people i give to charity i try to hold the door for people (more so for ladies) and i try to be nice to people (not saying i wont beat someone down in the ring) but when i do im always a good sport.

so is chivalry dead? hell no

Fist visible Strike invisible