• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black belts

wilko9999

hi

when people get your black belt at your dojo can it make you over confident because i don't like big headed people, do u know people who r big headed.

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Big headedness can come at any grade, i guess it depends on the type of person. However the few times I've seen people like that it tends to come during the middle kyu grades, around blue/green/purple, around 5th-3rd Kyu.

I was very over confident when I was green belt, thought i knew everything :lol:

Then when I got my brown belt and started training with the dan grades, I suddenly started to realise how much i still have to learn. :nod:

motoko

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi

There is an orange belt in my school with a big head! She is in compatition with me for some odd reason. I didn't provoke her either. But I have been training a hell of a lot longer than her, so I can't wait till she's allowed to spar ;)

Laurie F

I agree that it don't really happen with our black belts because we are so selective of who gets them anyhow. But our Blues and Greens often have to be taken aside and talked to.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."