• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question on Control

Ises

Distance should'nt cause contact. You should be in control of your punches regardless of the distance. I can punch a brick wall from any distance without hitting it.

Of course accidents happen, but not as the rule.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Learn control YES but don't see the lack of it as being a huge problem.

Until no one wants to train with you because you can't keep your kicks in check, or until a Sam Dan decides to put you through the wall to show you what it's like.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

Agreed.... LOL

My point was don't get hung up on it early as long as you show regret and say your sorry for mistakes they are usually taken pretty good. Just work on it and always warm the other guy your not good with certin moves.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

make sure when you practice controlled punches you do so with a non full extension in the elbow so that if you wanted you could you could go from a tap to a fist through the person

I actually just was explained something very similar to that tonite in class. I was told that I go from either extreme with my punches. I either go in too tight or too full of an extension. I'm really pleased that I am getting correction both here and in class. I think they are finally realizing how serious this is to me. Thanks to everyone so far with teh great suggestions. I did employ several so far. I'll let you all know my progress.