• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is Jeet Kune Do better then.....?

Is Jeet Kune Do better then Wing Chun? If not. Why did Bruce Lee bother inventing it? Whats diffrent fron Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do? Thank you...

:karate:

The knowing of Violence and living in no violence brings peace.

Shaolin Chuan Fa

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bruce Lee made another style it meens that he was not that happy whith the one he practiced. Son that meens he made one better. At least for him. With all respect to Wing Chun style that I admire.

The knowing of Violence and living in no violence brings peace.

Shaolin Chuan Fa

• 2 weeks later...

As I have said before, Brucey didn't finish his WC training, so HE didn't know if it was better or not. JKD is cool, and there is much to learn from it for all styles, although I think WC is better. But then WC my style and if I thought another style was better I'd be studying it.

JKD is an ideology, really...

respec' and all that

>>>PS<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self-defense is only an illusion, a dark cloak beneath which lurks a razor-sharp dagger waiting to be plunged into the first unwary victim. Sifu Wong.

Bruce was actually in WC for quite a while. But you don't have to eat an entire pizza to discover it tastes bad. The reason Bruce left WC was because it was a style. By definition a style has a certain set of rules. These "rules" are synonymous to "restrictions". Argue all you want guys, you can't say that WC, despite its usefullness, does not have restrictions. Jeet Kune Do, on the other hand, is a lack of style. Unfortunately most people misinterpret his teachings. He stressed that JKD was just a name and meant nothing. True martial art comes from total and true self-expression. Self-expression is hindered by any restrictions (don't confuse getting used to a style with that style being a 100% true expression of yourself. I won't get into my debate on that...). Therefore, in order to study true martial art (your personal art) and not a martial style, you must allow for complete expression without restrictions. Bruce realized the restrictions of any style (WC just happened to be what he was studying at the time) would not allow him to fully express himself. That is why the Chinese characters around the JKD symbol translate into "No Way as Way. No limitations as limitations."

Bruce never taught a way of fighting, he explained many times that he only taught someone how to express themselves through martial art. Whatever their expression turned out to be was up to them.

Free online martial arts lessons at https://www.intellifight.com (updated regularly)!

LOL

JKD is not a "style" it is a method

Style and method are same thing, I think u mean it is a concept...

Words are so confusing sumtimes LOL!

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

LOL
JKD is not a "style" it is a method

Style and method are same thing, I think u mean it is a concept...

Words are so confusing sumtimes LOL!

Only if you make them confusing. "Style" is not the same as "method"

A style can have a method, and a method can have a style but they are not the same word.

JKD is a method for developing yourself as a individual martial artist.

The method contains many principles and concepts.

But it just becomes a meaningless word game and as soon as you start worrying more about making the thing fit the word rather then the word represent the thing you've missed the point of the word, which is to represent the thing, but is not the thing itself....

My head hurts now...

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Lets focus on "What is different in the two arts" rather than "Which is better." Thanks.