• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

friendly sparring

I spar open and alot of times against guys literally 5 times bigger than me, over time, myth around dojang is that i have a sheet of metal under, me cause i take pain so well...

<Victory Martial Arts>

15 yrs old; 6 yrs in TKD

1st Degree Black Belt

Jr. Olympian | Team USA Qualifier

"Train Like A Champion, Fight Like A Warrior"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I would just like to add my $1.50 worth. Studies have shown that wearing hand and foot pads does not to any meritable degree lessen the transfer of impact. In other words, whoever is wearing the pads is the one protected. If you arent wearing head gear and you get punched by someone that is wearing a glove you are indeed taking the brunt of that hit. The only thing that would be different with getting hit with a glove or footpad would be that you would be less likely to get a cut from a knuckle.

Long Live the Fighters!

We were always told by our Instructor that wearing body armor and headgear (WTF style) will not keep you from getting hurt. Body armor might prevent you from getting severely injured to the body, but it will not prevent serious impact. I've seen people get ribs broken wearing it. Headgear will not prevent you from getting knocked out. It is designed to prevent you from getting killed when your head hits the floor if you are knocked out. You are still going to get knocked unconcious.

My opinion-Welcome to it.