• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Killed today at a Dojo near my place. Does it happen often ?

goedikey

WTF ?

I am just starting Karate and have been struggling with some issues of my own and have just decided that I would head back tomorrom until...

Someone got killed by a punch on the torso today at a Dojo near my place !

This is scary stuff and makes me wonder if I should pursue this.

I understand that there are "some" risks but never thought it could be that much...

Does this happen often ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more like a freak accident. I mean it seems this woud only happen in psycial activity, it's not directly related to the karate instruciton itself.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Looks more like a heart attack to me. He may have had "silent" heart disease, that presents no symptoms until it kills you. There was a famous runner (so famous that now I can't remember his name) who died similarly a few years ago, while running.

If it makes you feel any better: one night we were working on what my teacher called "arm blocks," but that, in my opinion, ought more correctly to be called "arm breaks," because that's what they'd do. My teacher told me to put more force into it. I told him I was a little concerned that in my cluelessness I would accidentally injure someone, and he explained I shouldn't worry; that by the time I had built up enough strength to be capable of seriously injuring someone, I'd no longer be clueless.