• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate BC Open Championship

Karateka

On Saturday Sept. 21, 2001 the Karate BC Open Tournament is going on. I am entering into the Kata division and Kumite. It is all new rules so I am going to do Rohai and Bassai-dai for Kata. Kumite, well, I am going just to win. For more information, go to http://www.karatebc.org or if you just wanna check and see what it is about.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's fantastic Karateka! Good luck to you and everyone in your school that will be competing - go get em'!!!!! :cool:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

Just got back from the tournament. Unfortunately I came away with just experience. Although most would say it was enough and I agree with them, I would have preferred a medal as well. Oh well, there is always next month.

Actually, what happened was that this was supposed to be a non-contact tournament. Since it was an open, people who did full contact came in and started doing some crazy ****. What was worse was that no referees were calling it. All of us who played by the rules were pissed off because they were cheating and winning. I lost my match fair and square because we played clean, but my opponent nearly was put unconcious. Anyway, that is how it went. The next tournament for me is my Provincial Championships. Then there is the BC Games qualifications, then the Sato Cup and finally the BC Games. After that, who knows?

Thanks to everyone who gave their support :grin:

Congrats Karateka :wink:

Even if you didnt receive a Gold Metal you are rewarded by your friends here in the Forum and of course, THE DRAGON <<>>>>

Just teaches you that you gotta work harder through offensive and defensive movements....hmmmm, maybe I should come visit you and train ya! :bigwink:

Kung Fu Black Belt 1st Dan

GoldDragon Academy

-------------------------

Represenitive for Paltalk.com

*-*-*-*-Mouser (Palhelp)*-*-*-*-*-