• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lets Discuss the "Dim Mak" (Death Touch)

:oops:

Shaolin is going to upload all "pressure point" on website,

including situation, way of practice & etc, all these used

to be secret in the past....

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dim Mak is simply one type of pressure point and nerve manipulation. George Dillman does not believe it is possible to simply "tap" something and make it work. If you've read books or watched tapes, he mentions time and time again that you have to train your weapons so to speak (fingers, etc.) in order to use them properly.

That being said, I believe the delayed death touch to merely be internal damage, whether it is to the organs or even a blood clot. In those days, medical science was not as advanced and you could easily die from a blood clot caused by Dim Mak technique.

As far as pressure points go, I know they exist because they have been performed on me and on friends. Biologically speaking, the body is a huge switchboard, and exciting pressure points is one way to manipulate nerve impulses and body energy. You can strike them or rub them or even hold them. Pressure points doesn't simply mean pain, they could be used to unbalance or make joints and muscles vulnerable (Shaolin Chin'na for example or Okinawan versions of this). There is a definate method to them. I don't believe in the Chinese interpretation of it (this is a "fire" point and it melts the "metal" which cuts the "wood" or whatever), but I believe they interpreted it in terms they could understand. Aristotle was right when he said hot air rises, but not for the reason he stated, for example.

It is very easy to cause unconsciousness (even death) using multiple pressure points and sufficient force (although much less than you'd think, it still requires some). But it is science, not magic.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I didnt read every post, but I heard that in order to be able to perform dim mok you have to have liike 10 years of iron palm training (or iron fingers for the poking aspect) under your belt, so that your finger tips are like metal. Also when I visited a kung fu school in phila the instructor who supposebly knew how to perform dim mok said it was in the region around the heart area, and you had to poke or strike a certain point. To me it would be like saying hitting a major arterie or something which would cause it to pinch an stop the blood flow or when it un pinched create a little air pocket which would later travel through the heart and kill you or something.. I dont know..

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

The problem with the hypothesis in the above two posts is that the hits can be done with little or no contact.

Are you saying that they CAN be done with no contact or that they CAN't be done with no contact...I kind of read the sentence both ways at once...

Could you clarify to me your thoughts on the matter?

The problem with the hypothesis in the above two posts is that the hits can be done with little or no contact.

Also when I visited a kung fu school in phila the instructor who supposebly knew how to perform dim mok said it was in the region around the heart area, and you had to poke or strike a certain point.

Are you saying that they CAN be done with no contact or that they CAN't be done with no contact...I kind of read the sentence both ways at once...

I believe JerryLove was saying that he read the 2 posts above his and the problem with the 2 posts above his state that it can be done with little or no contact.

(as stated above mine doesnt say you dont have to make contact, it says you have to)

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

Well, as one of the two posters above his, I would say that my post stated clearly that contact is needed, but it doesn't require ten years of training to get your fingers or whichever weapon strong enough to do some of these techniques. I don't believe in being able to stand ten feet away (or an inch away for that matter) and hit someone with a ki blast or anything...

Dim Mok attacks *can* be performed with no contact and with physically light strikes. The field in general does *not* require particlarly conditioned hands.

HI there. Just wanted to add my 2 cents on the Dim-Mak discussion. Dim-Mak is a real, proven martial art. The art is not used soley for killing. Its also a healing art. Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses a large portion on dim-mak(pressure points, nerve centers, meridians, etc.), and is very helpful to people that have illnesses and get treated with this. Dim-Mak is scientifically proven, because dim-mak is nothing other than accupuncture. Certain points can be touched, tapped, stuck, grabbed, thumped, brushed, pushed that can heal or kill. Most practices of accupuncture use needles because they are more precise, but every single point can also be hit with a persons finger, knuckle, fist, foot, whatever. So, basically, Dim-Mak is accupuncture. You just turn things around and use different points to obtain a death, delayed-death, knockout, illness, etc. If you ever want more information on it I would suggest books by Erle Montaigue. Especially the books: Encyclopedia of Dim Mak-The Main Meridians, and Encyclopedia of Dim Mak-The Extra Meridians. These books contain a huge amount of informations such as which points are associated with others, medical terminology, effects, antidotes, etc. Anywayz, later, Justin

It really seems like you have been given good infomration and mangled it abit... at the risk of arguing symantics:

"Dim Mak" is not a "martial art"... it is a collection of matieral found in many fields of study, including several martial arts.

Nor is dim-Mok acupuncture, though the two are heavily related and accupuncture contains dim-mok material. The moment one does not peirce, one is no longer performing accupuncture.

Needles are nor more or less precise, and a good accupuncureist should do far more than stick needles in your skin.