• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lets Discuss the "Dim Mak" (Death Touch)

kuntaofighter. Do you study dim mak, or are you doing what so many others do... which is is to speak of it in mystical ambiguities because they have little to no knowledge of it?

Great way of putting it.......

May I use this in the future?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*edited a severe typo*

....i've always held the belief that yes, there are points on the body that you can hit to do more than normal damage to a person

BUT

there is no 'touch there and you die' thing.

one of the 'death touch' points is the 'tai yeung yuet wai' which is basically the bone (plate?) that sits right behind that little dimple on your temple.

old clasical writings have said that striking (note it says 'striking', not 'touch'...) at this point can cause death.

why?

because it is a 'weaker' point in the skull.

there is another point that is approximately at the base of your neck.

i wonder why striking here could cause severe damage....?

striking organs is one thing but striking singular nerves for a delayed 'fatal' effect.

i'm not so sure...

One thing is for sure, you definitely think

Will chime in again.

DM brings up the point that i have encountered many times as well. Whereby people would discuss dim mak and refer to effects based on anatomically incorrect information. I have read books written on dim mak, and have found 'none' of them to have any validity or credibility. I discussed the supposed basis for dim mak studies with my kalaripayit instructor way back when. He stated, with respect to his instructors and co-practitioners, that much of it is based on superstition and the ability to influence people based on the 'fear.' He compared it to voodooism and how dim mak works in cultures that are rife with superstition, but don't fare too well in places like the United States.

As to accupressure and acupuncture, i've discussed the inference of a relationship between that of dim mak and these two with a certified acupuncturist. He stated that it is concievable that misapplication of acupuncture could create disruptions, but not to the extent that they would cause death. He also totally dismissed the idea that accupressure could be applied with malice.

It is an interesting topic, and one that should be thoroughly researched. But, to this date, i have not seen such. This gives me the impression that those who 'claim' to know, are in fact practicing their 'voodoo' by keeping the mystique of dim mak alive.

Very WELL written

HI there. Just wanted to add my 2 cents on the Dim-Mak discussion. Dim-Mak is a real, proven martial art. The art is not used soley for killing. Its also a healing art. Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses a large portion on dim-mak(pressure points, nerve centers, meridians, etc.), and is very helpful to people that have illnesses and get treated with this. Dim-Mak is scientifically proven, because dim-mak is nothing other than accupuncture. Certain points can be touched, tapped, stuck, grabbed, thumped, brushed, pushed that can heal or kill. Most practices of accupuncture use needles because they are more precise, but every single point can also be hit with a persons finger, knuckle, fist, foot, whatever. So, basically, Dim-Mak is accupuncture. You just turn things around and use different points to obtain a death, delayed-death, knockout, illness, etc. If you ever want more information on it I would suggest books by Erle Montaigue. Especially the books: Encyclopedia of Dim Mak-The Main Meridians, and Encyclopedia of Dim Mak-The Extra Meridians. These books contain a huge amount of informations such as which points are associated with others, medical terminology, effects, antidotes, etc. Anywayz, later, Justin

Yes, and these are creditablr or credulious?

old clasical writings have said that striking (note it says 'striking', not 'touch'...) at this point can cause death.

why?

because it is a 'weaker' point in the skull.

But there's nothing of importance underneath it... more than one person has attempted to commit suicide by putting a gun to their temple, only to end up blinding themselves by destroying their optic nerves.

I discussed the supposed basis for dim mak studies with my kalaripayit instructor way back when. He stated, with respect to his instructors and co-practitioners, that much of it is based on superstition and the ability to influence people based on the 'fear.'

About 10 years ago, the school I was attending ad a visit from a certain well-known instructor who shall remain nameless. Apparently, this instructor thought energetic hits were fun things to do on other people's students...

He walked up to two students and "pat them on the back". One noticed feeling odd a bit later, brought it up with our instructor, and got fixed.

The other did not notice. A couple days later he was feeling really awful. He came in. He was an interesting color of grey. As with the other student he had work done on him by my instructor. He was the right color when he left, though it took some time before he was fully back up to par.

Anticdotal, and without any support but my word (though I can find a few other people that were there), but there for consideration.

He compared it to voodooism and how dim mak works in cultures that are rife with superstition, but don't fare too well in places like the United States.

Fad diets, herbal suppliments, we have lots of superstisions.

And you are ignoring those that believe in UFOs, Ghosts, God(s), Magic, Spriitulism, Mediums, Tarot, Friday the 13th, knocking on wood, stepping on cracks, etc. etc.

You don't know of anyone in the US who believes that (insert thing here) is the sign of the anti-christ do you?

As to accupressure and acupuncture, i've discussed the inference of a relationship between that of dim mak and these two with a certified acupuncturist. He stated that it is concievable that misapplication of acupuncture could create disruptions, but not to the extent that they would cause death. He also totally dismissed the idea that accupressure could be applied with malice.

There's an interesting test for "authenticity" of training in acupuncture... do they have a chart. If they do, they are not "trained right" (sorry, I lack a better term).

In the end, you offer an appeal to ignorance. Just because he does not know how to use it offensiely (or will ont admit that it's possible to you) does not mean that it cannot be done. Further, he's essentially stated that his practice does not have much positive effect.

It is an interesting topic, and one that should be thoroughly researched. But, to this date, i have not seen such. This gives me the impression that those who 'claim' to know, are in fact practicing their 'voodoo' by keeping the mystique of dim mak alive.

Very often, yes.

About 10 years ago, the school I was attending ad a visit from a certain well-known instructor who shall remain nameless. Apparently, this instructor thought energetic hits were fun things to do on other people's students...

He walked up to two students and "pat them on the back". One noticed feeling odd a bit later, brought it up with our instructor, and got fixed.

The other did not notice. A couple days later he was feeling really awful. He came in. He was an interesting color of grey. As with the other student he had work done on him by my instructor. He was the right color when he left, though it took some time before he was fully back up to par.

Anticdotal, and without any support but my word (though I can find a few other people that were there), but there for consideration.

JL, with ALL SINCERITY:

I wish I could have been there....

JL, with ALL SINCERITY:

I wish I could have been there....

If you are like me... and I think you are... it helps a lot; but it's not a great acid test because it's subjective.

To be honest, the only thing that truely got me "over the hump" was learning and experimenting (which I have detailed before and will not watse time retyping now) the qigong healing.

After getting past that... which allowed me to be, perhaps more open than I was, I still have a great deal of "I don't know about that", or "I doubt it" on many issues... but I've also grown a good deal in my ability work with it.

From a pure qigong standpoint, I do recomment TN over here... or here when / if Mr.Clear comes down for a seminar.

If you are in the vacinity anyway... I welcome the visit. I'll even spring for lunch :)

Depends on wheather you are north or south LA. But he would be "the man"... I'd give out an idea of our skill differrences, but there's isn't one... we are not remotely comparable. If you want to meet someone similar to you who can show yo ua few things, do general MA, and point you in the right direction, feel free to visit me. If you really want someone with the skills, I'd point you at Mr.Clear.

Though honestly, he'd be the first to point you at people who have more qi skills than himself, in my experience, they are harder to get info from :)

Depends on wheather you are north or south LA. But he would be "the man"... I'd give out an idea of our skill differrences, but there's isn't one... we are not remotely comparable. If you want to meet someone similar to you who can show yo ua few things, do general MA, and point you in the right direction, feel free to visit me. If you really want someone with the skills, I'd point you at Mr.Clear.

Though honestly, he'd be the first to point you at people who have more qi skills than himself, in my experience, they are harder to get info from :)

Mid LA... outside Baton Rouge