• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lets Discuss the "Dim Mak" (Death Touch)

Will chime in again.

DM brings up the point that i have encountered many times as well. Whereby people would discuss dim mak and refer to effects based on anatomically incorrect information. I have read books written on dim mak, and have found 'none' of them to have any validity or credibility. I discussed the supposed basis for dim mak studies with my kalaripayit instructor way back when. He stated, with respect to his instructors and co-practitioners, that much of it is based on superstition and the ability to influence people based on the 'fear.' He compared it to voodooism and how dim mak works in cultures that are rife with superstition, but don't fare too well in places like the United States.

As to accupressure and acupuncture, i've discussed the inference of a relationship between that of dim mak and these two with a certified acupuncturist. He stated that it is concievable that misapplication of acupuncture could create disruptions, but not to the extent that they would cause death. He also totally dismissed the idea that accupressure could be applied with malice.

It is an interesting topic, and one that should be thoroughly researched. But, to this date, i have not seen such. This gives me the impression that those who 'claim' to know, are in fact practicing their 'voodoo' by keeping the mystique of dim mak alive.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..well, i did say it was from the classical writings.....

anyway.

i dug up the book and i remembered it wrong.

the diagram actually points to the point where the temporal (the one i was thinking of earlier) parietal and frontal bones meet...

but i can't really tell cos its a bad diagram.

mayeb i should dig up a proper medical dictionary cos i'm sure the diagram's missing a bone (thought there were 4 bones at that point)

anyway...

one of the 'death touch' points is the 'tai yeung yuet wai'....

when i mentioned this, i was trying to show what the old things might have been trying to say.

i'm pretty sure i've mentioned somewhere here my views on these things anyway.

dammit, why am i so defensive???

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• 3 weeks later...

no such thing as that dim mak crap you hear about in the movies. all rational people know this.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

The Dimmack Death Touch Is possible . there are medical studies that cure u from a touch of a needle in ur body . accupunture ( i think is how u spell it ) there has to be a way besides curing the human body , to also destroy it in ways people dont know

...sledgehammer?

what sledgehammer?

oh, that thing in my pocket,

that ain't no sledgehammer.....

:brow:

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

yeah.....

'banana'

and two great big walnuts.