• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dojo not focusing on competition - at all!

karate_woman

Apparently it still is a requirement for testing (according to Sensei's wife). I haven't been to a grading since I've been back, so I can't verify. I mentioned it to Sensei on Sunday that we need to spar more on Mondays and Wednesdays since hardly anyone shows on Fridays. He agreed, and said it ticks him off that hardly anyone shows for Fridays. I mentioned it might just be because it is a Friday, since 4 of us had a great time sparring and grappling last Friday. He mentioned he might just make it one of the things he does for part of the class, then people will have to spar. I guess we'll see; we didn't spar Monday, but since I got to spar Friday and Sunday perhaps he figured I was good for a day or two; I wouldn't expect to spar every class, but adding it to Monday/Wednesday class once a week - or even every two weeks - would be nice :D Another thing I'm thinking of running by people is seeing if we can spar for 1/2 hour to an hour after class on Wednesdays - we're bound to get a few people to stay after class (at least half the class enjoys it).

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt