• advertisement_alt

anyone like Rurouni Kenshin?

Padawon

you like rorouni Kenshin  

16 members have voted

1. 1. you like rorouni Kenshin

• yes
    • no

I was home for college and I saw an episode of Rurouni Kenshin on Cartoon Network (not for too long because I hate dubbing) and the editing was humorous. They showed the scene at the Ikedaya inn where the Shinsengumi wasted a bunch of people. It was funny because they would slice someone and they wouldn't be bleeding, but sometimes their swords would be red or there would be some blood spraying out that they didn't quite get. Or in times where they would be cut and lo and behold, only their clothes were hurt (they must be tougher in the American version).

Of course, you probably can't blame them, parents would go psycho if they saw blood...in a cartoon...! :lol:

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when was fast and the furious released? cos i first saw initial d on vcd (a bad quality format used in hk) about four years ago and i'm sure that was a bit before fast and the furious...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

You should watch it un edited.

The toonami is watered down and cuts out ALOT.

I'm not talking abotu seconds, i'm talking about plenty of minutes from each episode.

Kenshin is alright. Ive seen all the episodes, oavs and the movie (non of which were dubbed or edited). Personally i think the oavs of when kenshin was still an assasin in the war were a million times better than the show (not to say that the show wasnt good though, because it was). I though that the sow was a little to silly at times, but there were still some good fight scenes. Personally i think the show had its best episodes during the sheshio saga (which kicks off with the amazing kenshin vs saito fight), but before and after the saga (or whatever you want to call it) the show isnt really that great.

when was fast and the furious released? cos i first saw initial d on vcd (a bad quality format used in hk) about four years ago and i'm sure that was a bit before fast and the furious...

The Fast and the Furious was 2001. As far as I know, Initial D came out in Japan in 2001. I haven't seen anything to the contrary...

well, the kenshin/saito fight was amazing, and i'm partial to the kenshin/cho the sword hunter fight, and the christian saga was very cool, but compared to the OAVs, they're nothin.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

In the manga, where they have the entire Jinchuu Arc where Kenshin has to fight Enishi and his cronies, beats everything, hands down. The newest OVA that goes over it a little bit leaves out like 95% of everything and while it was cool, it wasn't really how the fight with Enishi went. If you can find the original Japanese comics or maybe some scans on the web, it is the best.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

yeah, it did seem like there were a lot of wholes in the new one. it was still good. the trouble comes that in WI, you can't just walk down to the local grocery store and find asian mangas. i suppose i could look online, but that's a lot of effort :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai