• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicker or puncher

wilko9999

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
There was a guy that landed a powerful side kick on me when I started karate. It tooks months to heal, but it didn't stop me. Today we sparred again and my punching beat his kicks. Instead of using kicking to keep him away I used better footwork and ran circles around his techniques. I kept control of the game and decided when I wanted to fight.

I think kickers dont like to get in close and are generally less aggresive.

Ghost my friend can kick to the head when he is less then an arm length away

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

Prefer punching than kicking. if kick too much it may lose our balance.

Ronin kicking improves your balance if you practice

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

Kicking to the back of the head when an arms length away is probably unadvisable. What if during your kick to the head, the opponent steps in ? You are left off balance and venerable. Besides, if you an arms length away, why can't you use your arm? I love to fight kickers for that very reason. Once you get inside, unless they can change their game they are at a significant disadvantage.

Kicking to the back of the head when an arms length away is probably unadvisable. What if during your kick to the head, the opponent steps in ? You are left off balance and venerable. Besides, if you an arms length away, why can't you use your arm? I love to fight kickers for that very reason. Once you get inside, unless they can change their game they are at a significant disadvantage.

thats true :)

Ballance! You have four primary natural weapons. What's the point in halving your arsenal? But if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with hands. Kicks are primarily long range weapons. Punches work at all ranges except long.

Freedom isn't free!

I agree that kicks are an effective weapon. The problem is that many misuse their kicks by employing the wrong situations. Standing close and kicking high is risky. Any decent fighter could easily jam the kick. My personal fav is to block the high kick and stop the opponent from lowering the leg. Now they are hopping on one foot, struggling just to keep it on the floor. If they begin a technique, simply lift the leg some more. They will have to stop the technique to get their balance or fall.