• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicker or puncher

wilko9999

Hi

want is better and why because i like kicking because it keeps you sparring patner a way from you and i have more power in my legs.

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I have long legs and I think I kick too much. I'm focusing lately on getting more confident with my hand strikes so I can do better in all ranges.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

dont get me wrong, i love kicks, i wish i was better at them, but punches are just so pratical, more controllable, and less strenous on the body. also, a foot can be grabed a lot easier than a hand can, and if your grabed your pretty much screwed unless you act quick.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

For me, kicks are good at keeping the opponent at bay. I almost always score with hand strikes. I find that if I score with a kick, it is because I snuck it in after a feint, or it was just that their block wasn't sufficient to stop it. Sometimes I can land the spinning heel behind the head when in a jam.

In TSD, I was both a puncher and kicker. Well, I didn't really punch. I used a lot of back fists, and ridge hands. Which I scored with 90% of the time. The other 10% were kicks.

Now I'm definitely a kicker. I still use punches, backfists, ect, but I mostly use kicks. Now that I'm more flexible than I was in TSD, and I can kick in close range.

Laurie F

I always thought of myself as a kicker, since I like to use my legs not only to score but to keep my opponents at a comfortable distance. I'm also fairly flexible (though not quite at splits yet). Lately though I've learned that I'm considered to have "fast hands", and I've noticed I do score nicely with my hands - but often still using my legs to set up my hand combinations. I also use my legs constantly when I grapple :D

Anyway, after all that, I still have to say - both!

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Depends on the person. Punching is simpler and can be used more often. Kick have greater power and can let you attack more parts of the body. To each his own but you better be able to do both pretty good.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."