• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long may i take to >>

lol, vash ur great. Don't y'all juss love the kick ur opponent in the face approach to life? Be careful with it, coz if they get past ur legz ur toast buddy. But be my guest and the ur legz fly.

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Having said that, if they do focus on self defense they might have a self defense course you could take in addition to the TKD; those courses are generally designed for non-martial artists but give you a few good self defense moves (many of which are from higher belt levels) that you can keep practicing.

O

Could you please give me some mm websites showing these self defence moves?

Having said that, if they do focus on self defense they might have a self defense course you could take in addition to the TKD; those courses are generally designed for non-martial artists but give you a few good self defense moves (many of which are from higher belt levels) that you can keep practicing.

O

Could you please give me some mm websites showing these self defence moves?

I wasn't basing that on a website - I was basing that on the fact that many dojos I've encountered have such programs, so I figured TKD dojangs might as well. The easiest way to find them around my area is by looking in the local Parks and Recreation books, and the local YMCA book. Also, the Yellow Page ads sometimes state whether they offer self-defense courses.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Vash,

There are tons of websites, books, tapes, dvd's and such that you can order at any time. That being said, none of them are a substitute for training (especially under a qualified instructor). I'm guessing you may not be in the U.S. If you are, then there are plenty of places you can go. If you're not, then it depends on what is available in your area.

Ideally you need to review your particular situation (your build, physical limitations, mindset, self-defense needs, etc) and find an art or classes that most closely match that need. Also, self-defense starts with a mindset. I know many martial artists that have perfect form, but would get hurt in a real-life scenario. Alternately, there are people with virtually no formal training that can more than adequately defend themselves. Regardless, there is no quick or easy answer. It's really depends on your situation.

Good Luck.

Vash,

The number one way of not getting your bones broken in a fight is to not get yourself in a situation where that will happen. Yeah, I know, it's not that easy. However, any good self defense or martial art instructor will tell you the same. But, if it comes down to that situation, the next step is to either run or talk your way out of it. Then, if nothing else works, you hope for the best and start swinging.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Most martial arts are fairly complex, and take years of training before you can be considered skilled enough to "begin" (become a black belt).

A good self-defense course will teach you what you need to know quickly, with no frills or extra techniques. You'll learn simple, effective techniques for both stand-up and ground fighting...in a good course, that is.

With martial arts however, there is usually another aspect to them besides self-defense: whether it's artistic, spiritual, or tournament-based. Krav Maga and CDT are two exceptions, from what I understand.

So if your main goal is to learn effective self-defense in a short amount of time, you'll want to go for a specific self-defense course. However, if you want to learn self-defense AND have training in kata or other MA aspects, a good TKD school should work for you if they have a good self-defense program.

A good MA will teach you self-defense, but because it isn't their only focus, it'll take a little more time.

Basically: 6 months of a self-defense course, and you'll be ready for the streets (that is, until those skills become defunct from lack of practice). 6 months of MA and you will know just enough to hurt yourself. :karate:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

so how long do you want to attend training? i dont think it is better to take part in a 6-months course to know a little about self defence rather than do a MA. its better to really get into one. Wing Chun for example is well for self-defence.

u better look around in ur area what dojos there are and then decide which one seems to teach the most self-defence.