• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long may i take to >>

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hello guys

I would like to know how long may i take to be good in taekwondo and be able to beat big peoples??

and who do someone gets beltS?

I think the longer you trained in Tae Kwon Do the less likely you'd want to go around looking for fights, but that's just my opinion. Many instructors wouldn't even teach you with that kind of attitude.

One thing you would have to think about regardless of how long you train or in what art is this: never underestimate your opponent. So what if you know TKD, Muay Thai, Boxing, BJJ, Sambo and whatever else strikes your fancy - your opponent might STILL be better at fighting than you are - you just don't know. :karate:

Just a thought.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I've been studying TKD/TSD for almost three years. I have good technique, flexibility, and I can hold my own in sparring. But that doesn't make me a great fighter. Yes, I have defended myself for real, but I don't go out and pick fights.

Karate_woman has good advice. It's not about fighting ..... well, at least, not for me. I started MA for self defense, not to start fights.

Laurie F

I can't tell from Vash's post if English is his/her first language, so maybe the post came across as a "i want to be a scrapper" post.

The hardest part about beating someone bigger than you, regardless of your art is going to be when they throw the rules out the window and just attack you with brute force and use their sheer size to just knock you over and pummel you. Do you remember your training, or do your eyes pop out of your head and stay that way? I've had it happen to me both ways.

When your opponent is stronger than you, i don't care what you study, you have to work that much harder to win.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

that is the wrong kind of attitued to go around wanting to beat up people, if my master heard that you would never learn martial arts.. change attitude then come back

WTF-TaeKwonDo White belt

Bill Cho's National TKD

If you want to beat up big people, go play football...

We're not teaching MA to people who just want a fight, but if you manage to find someone who will teach you with your attitude, you'll hopefully change that attitude before you get any good. I've trained TKD for 8 years and instructed in 5 of them, and that is NOT the attitude to get an instructor to want to teach you MA... :kaioken:

Sabunim 1st degree black belt NTN TKD (Chang Hun/ITF)

Oh no

don't get me wrong

I didnt mean I want to fight with every person i saw no I'm not that guy EVER, That's kind of puniness or >Punkness<

I want to know if it useful to beat the cruel people annoying me

Got it?

Hey you

I am not a bad guy

=

Maybe you didn't anderstand me well because English is not my language and i chose wrong words

Oh no

don't get me wrong

I didnt mean I want to fight with every person i saw no I'm not that guy EVER, That's kind of puniness or >Punkness<

I want to know if it useful to beat the cruel people annoying me

Got it?

Hey you

I am not a bad guy

=

Maybe you didn't anderstand me well because English is not my language and i chose wrong words

Oh OK.

I guess then it depends what kind of TKD school you find, and their focus; if their focus is flashy stuff for tournaments with disregard for self defense the answer may well be never. On the other hand, if they do have a focus on self defense, I don't get the impression that TKD is going and to help you achieve that quickly (like most martial arts including my own), so you are probably looking at years for that.

Having said that, if they do focus on self defense they might have a self defense course you could take in addition to the TKD; those courses are generally designed for non-martial artists but give you a few good self defense moves (many of which are from higher belt levels) that you can keep practicing.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse