• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stupid Black Belt Magazine Adds!!

Hmm... Interesting, who'd win if Proctor and Chris were to fight? Both seem to have their own version of "The Ultimate Unstoppable Move ". So which one would win in a fight?

Geesh, at least Vunak isnt' saying you can beat anyone, including all trained fighters, with his weekend course!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to stop this BS is to do what I did.........

I cancelled my subscription!!!!!! :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I know what you mean, I hate those ads with a passion. I ignore them for the most part but catch myself reading the propaganda every now and then just to scoff at them. Unfortunately money talks and as long as these ads are paying the bills, they will continue to be in the mag.

White Belt-Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

this move will assure you survive almost any one-on-one fight you get into... even with trained fighters.

Yeah...it's called the "Run Away" technique or the more technical term of "Flee" :D

*Rei*

"No Excuses"

Yeah...it's called the "Run Away" technique or the more technical term of "Flee" :D

*Rei*

It could also be falling to the ground and acting like Jim Carey in "Me Myself and Irene". There's a 90% chance (if he's not on PPC) that the thug will simply throw his hands in the air and walk away.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

*Rei*

It could also be falling to the ground and acting like Jim Carey in "Me Myself and Irene". There's a 90% chance (if he's not on PPC) that the thug will simply throw his hands in the air and walk away.

:lol:

• 4 months later...
They're made by a company called TRS. Their ads are awful, just AWFUL, but believe it or not, they have some of the best material available, if you can see past the marketing hype.

The terrible thing is, the ads often contradict what the instructors say on the tapes. All the tapes I own of theirs have the instructors saying "train these techniques", "with enough disciplined practise" and so on.

I dropped my long-term subsctription to that magazine years ago (in the 80's somewhere) for two reasons.

1. Just as you are all saying, the rediculous ads and their claims!

2. But more because of the constant, nearly every issue, claims about the superiority of TKD and Ninjitsu being the ULTIMATES in martial arts!

Not to bad mouth those two systems, but PAH! Not from what they are showing in the magazine they aren't.

The techniques, along with pictures, that they showed were nothing short of GARBAGE!

An example of the TKD they showed was if a guy grabbed the TKD guy in a bear hug from behbind, the TKD guy would bend forward and bring his leg up behind and kick the guy in the back of the head...yeah, RIGHT! Sorry, but that's * in my book and will get your face slammed into the ground real fast.

An example of a ninjitsu technique they pictured was for avoiding a car coming at you, was this guy CARTWHEELING out of the way! For crying out loud..stop and think for half a second. Any idiot wouldn't realize that it is by far FASTER and safer to just RUN or leap out of the way of the car, because to cartwheel you have to bend over and place your hands on the ground, and while you do that your feet are still in the same location as the car gets closer.

Poor balance, bad timing, fully exposed, bad recovery..you name it, but it just is STUPID!

Anyway, I had enough of reading of crap like that and dropped my subscription. I think the only time I've picked one up since is if one of my students tells me there's a good article on our system in there.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"