• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stupid Black Belt Magazine Adds!!

I don't know how many of you pick up the MA magazine Black Belt, but I have one serious complaint against it. It is these incredible bogus (obviously scams), and I mean B-O-G-U-S, adds about some ruthless fighting style that can cause infants to destroy Mike Tyson. They claim to send you these videos that can transform you overnight. I've seen crap from street-fighting-ryu (<- in my own words), to cage-fighting stuff.

Let me provide a couple of quotes to clear the air:

"Your single best "one-answer" move in any confrontation - if you never learn anything else from Chris, this move will assure you survive almost any one-on-one fight you get into... even with trained fighters! (and it's so simple you don't even have to practice it very much!)" (Nov. 2002 pg. 46)

The article shows no photos and doesn't talk about it.

"There really is a simple fighting system (Tom Proctor's) for average guys... And NO ONE Can beat it!

The Key to Tom's fighting art is its simplicity. There is no intense training, no long months of practice required. The few skills you learn (quickly) EASILY adapt to any situation, against any kind of fighter." (April 2003 pg. 42)

The list would go on forever on claims of invincibility. Their are even claims of it happening overnight. I can't believe that the magazine editors actually allow this BS - do they think we are that stupid.

I like BB Magazine, but not this. Any thoughts or opinions on the subject? Anyone actually bought any of these videos just out of humorous curiosity?

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man i see that crap all the time in Black Belt. It seems like there is always some drop out of the Israeli special forces who is teaching the newest isreali fighting art that is deadly blah blah blah. I mean who is stupid enough to buy this shit? lol

Yeah, the next thing we will see is a pill that will make you the ultimate martial artist. :lol:

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

but you gotta be careful...

the recoil on those things can hurt..

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Yeah, the next thing we will see is a pill that will make you the ultimate martial artist. :lol:

They have advertised other pills, however...such as Bloussant :lol:

As far as the "bogus" martial arts ads...I don't think they really have any way of confirming the validity of these products. Yes, some are obviously scams, but the ads go to the highest bidder.

You should probably take this complaint to Black Belt mag itself, but I'm not sure what good it would do. You'd be better off writing to the companies themselves and asking how they can sleep at night selling services like that.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Yeah man i see that crap all the time in Black Belt. It seems like there is always some drop out of the Israeli special forces who is teaching the newest isreali fighting art that is deadly blah blah blah. I mean who is stupid enough to buy this *? lol

the only israeli add's I see in there are for Krav maga and mike Karnaks system..both are very legit.

For a self defence system to work it must be simple. so i can understand claims of becoming an overnight fighter. I've seen people who have trained for over 10years resort to some interesting techniques when it comes to a fight. REAL fighting is simple, knees, elbows, headbutts, knee kicks, biting not a flash system which takes years to learn. Paul Vunak has made some IMO really good videos for self defence.

I must agree i do hate some of the adverts though.

Bretty