• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

we're here to make you look good!

do you know how hard that is???

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said the main diff is circular and direct move ments gung fu has intriquet foot movement while karate is more straight and direct. Nether is no worst or beter it depends on the persons style if circular works beter i go 4 gung fu or direct straight to the point i go a karate oriented style in my dicipline we utilize botth aspects we have soft evaisive circular movements to break the defence and bombard the opponent with direct attacks.....,so u see that is the diff and sims IMO!

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

Chinese martial arts (your "kung fu" arts) tend to be more graceful and complex, whereas Japanese martial arts (your "karate" arts) tend to be more direct and based on the principle of beauty through simplicity.

Of course, this is quite general, since certainly not all Japanese martial arts are "karate" and not all Chinese arts are "kung fu" but these fundamental differences appear to hold quite true.

A peek into my life: http://www.aoi-sakura.tk

Power = Force x Velocity

Force = Mass x Acceleration

Speed is key ^_~

while we are at it: what is more fun, golf or tennis?

answer: it depends on the practicioner.

Be everything. Be nothing.

An axe vs a sword

one takes direct stabs, the other swings

when they both hit you die regardless

your martial art is your tool or weapon

yeah but i like my swords old, blunt and rusty.

so that even if i don't kill you with cuts (well, tears from blunt edges), you'll die painfully from septicemia...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Karate is a very straight forward system - kill the head the body dies. Lots of aggression. Most kung fu takes a long time to learn because is has many facets and theories. I don't think Okinanwan karate has anything similar to northern styles of kung fu; and frankly don't see any way that it is better or more effective. Stay on topic.

Empty your mind, be formless,

shapeless--like water.

The weapon comments were on topic... I like the rusty sword bit.

I was watching a Wu Shu video the other day. Man, I thought Shotokan had deep stances. I saw them drop their butt down to the floor and fold their legs up. 'Pretzel' stance? JK :lol: