• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Steven Segaul is for real. A friend of mine (who now has a black belt in Shaolin Kung Fu) got to train with him.. well her school did. She said he was an amazingly effective in multiple attackers.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I heard Jackie chan was a good fighter back in his prime.Jean Claude Vanne Dam was also a real fighter.But real MA's dont work on tv anymore.styles like contemporary wushu are for movies.

Bruce Lee beat everyman that ever challenged him and Chuck Norris was a full contact champion for many years before he was an actor. Check you facts. I've never heard Jet Li say he couldn't fight for real. Saying MA actors can't fight is something the naive tell themselves to feel better at night I think. They got disovered for a reason - not cause they sucked or were bad fighters.

Empty your mind, be formless,

shapeless--like water.

it is widely known that the wushu arts that are taught in china are not much more than acrobatics.

the punches and kicks are loose and a bit messy and there aren't many usable techniques and it IS more a dance than anything.

as for bruce lee beating everyone who challanged him...

well, i challange you to name all of these fights and who they involved, how long they lasted, styles used etc etc...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I read numerous articles in BB magazine stating Bruce was constantly challenged and was never beate. Thats all i got. Tell me someone who says they beat Bruce Lee - Good luck!

Empty your mind, be formless,

shapeless--like water.

I don't direct this towards anyone imparticular...

Scr*w your dan level, your kung fu monthly magazine, your studying in japan and china, your MA exploitation movies, and your "my teacher said" genius.

NOTHING you see in any of these movies is fighting. It's choriographed movement. I won't badmouth ANY of the actors and say that they can't fight off the screen because I don't know.

the point i was trying to make was that there are hardly accounts of any actual contests between bruce and anybody else.

the only sensible conclusion to this is that bruce never really took part in any challange fights apart the famous one. unfortunately there does not seem to be a reliable/accurate account of what happened.

if you want names who of people who beat him, well, wong shun leung used to do it on a regular basis.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

What does it matter if he lost or won? Did he claim to be the best fighter? No he was just trying to expand peoples minds... Anyway who cares?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

i don't really care whether he won or lost.

that's not really the point i'm trying to make. i just don't like the idea of people saying things without proof/evidence.