• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Again, question about kimono's/gi's

mArTiAl_GiRl

Well, all karatekas know, the traditional Budo colour is white. And karatekas usually wear white gi's. But I've seen many others, who wear black and blue gi's. My swedish Sensei said once: "I prefer white colour, because it's the colour of the way of Budo and Karate, it shows peace and traditional karate, it's shows, that you will fight till the death! That's the meaning of the white colour!"

Now, I wonder, does some schools use black or blue gi's only because they don't practise traditional karate? And I've seen, some karatekas just buy an extra gi which is blue or black for not making the white one dirty. I have some karatekas at my Dojo who wear black gi's when training outside.

Does anyone here have that kind of gi too and why?

I would like to know the reason, because I've been thinking of buying an extra gi for outside tranings on the grass and so on... :roll:

(but why does the kung-fu people wear black then? Oh.. maybe for them, white means death, lol, or something...) :lol: :D

Hope I'll get some answers to my questions. Thanks. :)

Kill is love

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

...Now my estonian instructor said: "I wouldn't like it, if you would wear a black gi"

......is Kimono colour really so necessary?

Kill is love

I thought so too. But there are even styles in karate, which don't practise traditional karate, right?

Shito-ryu is traditional, because Kumite is done in the traditional way too, sparring on one line.

Kill is love

The colour white means purity and in karate its supposed to mean that your working towards the colour white, purity. Somthing like that anyway!

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee