• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Full Contact

Sho-ju

1. How many here fight full contact in their dojo?

2. What style is it you study?

In the shotokan dojo I teach at we do, just wondering how many here do as well.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
When I train in Japan, we train full contact in Shorin Ryu. We also work out with some of the Kyokushin Karate fighters and the K-1 style fighters. One of my friends in Japan is working his way up the MMA ladder. I teach him Wing Chun techniques in exchange for grappling and american boxing.

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

1. No full contact. Attacks kept above the waist, and no attacks from behind. Some techniques are forbidden until later levels. If one person initiates contact then it's assumed they want to get hit back, so the rules sometimes go out the window. If the fight goes to the ground, it's going to hardwood floor. We wear pads on hands, feed, and head.

2. Unnamed Karate style.

we only do harder contact amongst senseis and higher level belts usually 3rd kyu and above

but i wouldn't say it's full contact as even though we do contact each other we do pull the punches and kicks (although they still hurt)

i'm from shitoryu.

our style is very close to full contact.

we don't have head gear, shin pad or chest gaurd

but we do wear a knuckle pad.

with the knuckle pad on we are allow to punch on opponent's face(head).

*punching on head area is banned in most full contact tournament

in life it is hard to find thing that u like and always dream of doing

and dedicate most of your time and hardwork into it.

I train Kyokushin Budo Kai, a full contact Karate style.

"Hard Semi Contact" fights starts at the grading for 10. kyu, fullcontact around 8-7 kyu.

We wear shinpads, knuckle pad, groind prot. and a mouthpiece, nothing more.

Attacs to the back, joints, groin and neck is phrobited,

exept jointlocks when on the ground.

I DO BU DO!

We fight full contact when grabbling. With sparring, it gets full contact at later ranks. Sometimes we are supposed to "shadow spar" each other (if we don't have pads on), but contact is always made heheheh. I do Tae Kwon Do Moo Duk Kwan.

Laurie F

My brother did ITF and also did full contact. It seems the ITF lean toward full contact but I can't say for sure.

We wear 2 sets of shin pads, 2 sets of cloth hand pads, cup and mouth guard. We go full contact once a week.

I'm reading your posts and am a little confused about what everyone's definition of "Full Contact" is. I'm wondering if each person's definition of "Full Contact" is different.

For instance, when I think of "Full Contact", I'm invisioning 100% power behind each punch and no pulling strikes at the point of contact. Basically trying to hurt or disable your opponent.

When we spar at our dojo, we make contact, but there is a bit of restraint as to not injure the person across from you. I'd call that semi-contact. That way I can spar that person again tomorrow. Yes, the occassional bloody nose, bruised ribs, etc, but they can fight again the next day.

Is this what everyone for the most part considers "Full Contact" to be? Just Curious.

"No Excuses"