• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Book review: Hapkido by Marc Tedeschi

Sho-ju

I know this is the Karate forum but I thought I would post this book review here as well. For anyone that has never seen the book titled, "Hapkido: Traditions*Philosoply*Technique" this is a huge book.

Over 1100 pages huge. Hapkido is an eclectic martial art, meaning it includes many aspects of many different martial arts. With over 9000 photos this book is a must for anyone wanting to expand their knowledge of martial arts in general.

In Shotokan we sometimes have bunkai that exists in kata that is not part of our normal training. Wristlocks, standing arm bars, throws, etc. This book helped me to refine some of the bunkai techniques that I had known existed but didn’t perform properly. I found this book to be a great buy on amazon.com and suggest it to anyone wanting a massive missive on martial training.

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I agree! I included it in my list of essentials for a good library. The major advantage of this book lies not in the techniques, but in the intereviews Mr. Tedesche conducted,and his efforts at being historically accurate.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!