• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looking for someone to.........

Hey Guys, this is my first time on here, I have been training and fighting in Muay Thai off and on for over 13yrs....I'm looking for someone else to trade some combo's and techniques with from around the country. If you are advanced and have some good training drills and combo's that would be great. I am starting to train fighters myself as well as beginners and I think this would be a great way to share idea's and spread Muay Thai in a postive manner..any help would be great!!

Thanks

DB

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Thats a good idea. One thing i found is good, teach the students basic techniques on their own and show them a couple of simple combo's. Then let them work out some combos that work for them.

Thats a good idea. One thing i found is good, teach the students basic techniques on their own and show them a couple of simple combo's. Then let them work out some combos that work for them.

• 4 weeks later...

"Hey Guys, this is my first time on here, I have been training and fighting in Muay Thai off and on for over 13yrs....I'm looking for someone else to trade some combo's and techniques with from around the country. If you are advanced and have some good training drills and combo's that would be great. I am starting to train fighters myself as well as beginners and I think this would be a great way to share idea's and spread Muay Thai in a postive manner..any help would be great!!"

you want combos, i give you combos.

simply make your combos flow, dont static them, e.g. jab, cross, hook. uppercut, jab, hook, elbow, or jab, cross, knee blow. develop power is these moves and your bound to guarantee success.

combinations are limitless. limitless is not combinations. remember to keep them simple, as simple is direct, not simple is not direct. direct is effecient, not direct is not efficient. muay thai is greatest striking style, striking is simple, therefore muay thai is simple. simple as that.

Stand facing a partner with your hands on you hips. Your partner wears sparring (16oz) gloves.

Partner throws straight jabs to your head. Start slow and soft. You slip, duck and backwards-evade the jabs. Puncher should jab straight at your head, and not try to predict where you are going to move. Keep you hands on your hips at all times. Increase speed of jabs as you get better. Try to imagine where your counters would come from as you dodge the punches (but don't counter, because you don't have gloves on!). Try to keep good balance and poise at all times. Try to move minimal distance to avoid the punch - so your partner only just misses you. (Wear a gum shield - you will get hit)