• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

helping your club/dojo

A_mind_like_water

me and most people in my karate club are going to a super-market tomoro (satarday) to pack bags to help raise money to get our Scotland team into the world championships in Athens,Greece.

we are going with our sensi it was organised by the club and i was just wondering wot your views were on it, dus it sound a little sad? is this sumthing a McDojo would do. HELP! couse i luv my club and dont want to find out that it is not good

Danuall san- "Up you'res OLD man, wax your own DAM cars, im goin out ta get LAID"

-Scott

https://www.worldkarate.net

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think your club sounds like they're raising money for a good reason. They wont to get you to Greece and they need money to do that, so no, I don't think they sound like a McDojo.

Lots of clubs (not just martial arts clubs) do bag packs to raise money. I used to do them with a band I was in. Don't be embarrassed...be proud of the club your raising money for! :D :karate:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

I agree with CheekyMusician, fund raising is done by many Dojos to help offset the costs of expensive trips. At our Dojo all the money goes to the competitors involved. None of it goes to the owners.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate