• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

wing chun guys: finger strikes /jab

i havent learnt the advanced studd in WC yet like finger strikes etc.

in the bil gee form..

newayz if you did use these strikes

wouldnt it like bend your fingers back or sumfing

and hurt real bad?? :-?

http://pcorp.azn.nu | phuong nguyen | wckf | vovinam

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
The principle is small bones, small target. So you use the fingers on small targets like the eyes or the soft part of the throat. You would not want to use your fingers on the skull where you would hurt them. When you get to the Biu Gee you will understand more.

Wing Chun Kuen Alliance

https://www.wing-chun.us

Many Wing Chun Sifu's will tell you that WC does not use finger strikes beacuse of the danger of breaking the fingers if you miss your target. However, WC people do finger poke. As an example, If I palm your face, this bring my fingers close to your eyes; thus, if I wanted I could jam my thumb down into your eyesocket.

Still there are some WC Sifu's who will teach you to use the fingers to stike out at the eyes. This is not an incorrect technique. It is simply the opinion of myself as a WC practioner. Not to go for finger strikes that may end up in a broken finger.

If you can make it work for you then it is a valid technique. The choice is ultimatley yours.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

it isn't a case of "liking" finger strikes.

the biu gee form is about how to get out of bad situations (crossed arms, lost centre-line, overcooked movements...) which may or not involve using biu gee sau.

up until you train in the biu gee form you are told not to cross your arms but in biu gee, a lot of the movements involve crossing your arms and these aim to train you in how to perform moves to escape from the bad situation.

also, the many biu movements in the form are not neccessarily strikes. in most cases, they can be read as being interception movements (in fact, biu gee sau is the mun sau of the third form).

what is important is not what we do with our hands but where they work from (.e under bridge, over bridge, cross arms)

as for ACTUALLY using a biu gee sau to attack, that is a different story....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."