• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best way to train?-Is this ok?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Of course you can become very good if you just practice a lot and going to the dojo everyday seems like it is going to be a lot of training for you. You should also practice at home when you have the chance and I hear that a diet can help a lot also.

Shito-Ryu Karate

3 Months Active Training

Hi

i practice Karate at home,i hold on to a chair and practice my roundhouse kick i hold my roundhouse kick up for 2 mins so it build up my leg muscles, this is a good tip i got it of a black belt.

L8er

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

The best way to train is to put effort into it. Practice at home and in the dojo. Think about your training, and apply it in your own way. MA are more than just a physical activity. If you want to build strength, then there are plenty of programs available, and a health & fitness forum here too.

EDIT:: You also need instruction to guide you and correct you. :P

• 3 weeks later...
you have to eat sleep and breath karate in order for you to be good at karate, karate takes time just stick with it and keep training

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

i practice Karate at home,i hold on to a chair and practice my roundhouse kick i hold my roundhouse kick up for 2 mins so it build up my leg muscles, this is a good tip i got it of a black belt.

There are more effective ways to build the muscles. And so you could do better drills to enhance your kicking skills instead of just standing there for two minutes sweating to hold the leg up. IMO. Kicking is not just getting the leg up there. You have to do it fast. You have to retract the leg fast. You have to do it while moving with good footwork. In combination with hand techniques, fakes and all that stuff. And maybe kick some bag too. There's so much effective stuff you could do instead of standing there with your foot in the air...

If you want strong leg muscles for powerful kicks, do some kind of squatting exercise (whatever style, some swear to the power of hindu squats, I prefer normal parallel squats while performing various kicks while rising from the bottom position, weighted squats help build muscle if the legs are thin/weak).

Try doing your squats then holding your leg up in the air!

At the dojo, we'll run through some kicking drills, something like: 50 side kicks, the last 10 executing slowly, and the last kick holding it in the air.

In regards to the first post, make sure when you are studying, to think about why you do the stuff you do, how to apply it, whether or not you are doing it correctly, control breathing, stretch, rest, etc.

If someone spars every day, they may get used to the attack/block, but if they don't understand how the body mechanics work, then they aren't learning to the fullest extent.